Monday 11 October 2010

cropping madness.

My first workshop of the course was a day of cropping images from newspapers..... i'm not going to lie, i went in to it rather apprehensive... However one member of my class did point out my work as a piece that he particularly liked, so i must have been doing something right?








We had to crop images in different ways, for example 'crop to define' and 'a discrete crop'. We also had to create sequences, 'subject to subject' 'movement to movement' etc. I chose to look at subject to subject, i also chose to do 'non-sequitor'. I quite like the outcome from the sequencing task, i think this is mainly because i like how all the images had a distinct colour palette that worked really well together, rather than what they were actually intended to be.

I can completely see how this has relevance to graphic design and that cropping does play a vital part in how successful your imagery is. I think i probably just needed to have more fun with it, instead i was  holding back because i'd gone into with doubts. I think i need to find my inner child and let it have fun with glue and scissors.

No comments:

Post a Comment